Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Live Music!

Many Friday nights at our house begin with a search for live music in the Wheaton/lower MoCo area. We spend a good amount of time going to the websites of different bars that we know often have live music. It's a pain!

So I had an idea. If I can put this information into a calendar and post it to my website, I might be able to save a soul or two from having to do the same thing.

To view the calendar, click on the "Wheaton Goings-On" page on the right sidebar of the website (or click here). Keep in mind this is a work in progress and since I'm no web designer, the embedded calendar isn't the prettiest. I'm working on it!

For now it's just showing music events, since that happens to be my weekend activity of preference, but I envision a calendar that has all sorts of weekend events, from entertainment to cultural to nature hikes. However, I don't have nearly enough time to be searching the web for all this info so please share this with your friends/family in the area and ask them to contribute! I'd be glad to post suggested events.

2 comments:

  1. Dogfish Head, though in Gaithersburg, is another option for regular music! http://www.dogfishalehouse.com/component/option,com_jevents/Itemid,69/task,year.listevents/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out http://www.musi-cal.com too, which is a long-running online music calendar.

    ReplyDelete