Monday, June 28, 2010

Eating Our Way Across Barcelona

I spent 4 days in Barcelona earlier this month in a quick jaunt to paradise. Of course Don and I spent most of our time eating and drinking our way across the city, stopping at all the sights on the way. Barcelona is known for several things: Gaudi's amazing architecture, its nightlife that doesn't even start til after midnight, and it's delicious food and drink. Pretty much every meal we ate consisted of pig in some form or another, not something I'd ever complain about but I never thought I'd be missing a turkey sandwich so much! Before I get back to posting recipes, I thought I'd share a few of the food-related pictures with ya'll.

Bunnies at the Mercat de La Boqueria

These goats are judging you

Breakfast fit for kings: ham croquetas, truita (potato/egg frittata), and sunny-side up eggs on the front plate, a veggie omelette on the back left plate, and fresh bread rubbed with a tomato/olive oil spread. YUM!

Clams, calamari, and sangria by the sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment