Monday, June 7, 2010

Egg In A Bell Pepper Hole

One of the first breakfasts Don ever cooked for me was his childhood favorite: egg-in-a-hole. I had never heard of it, but once I tried it I was certainly won over. Didn't hurt Don's cause either. Recently I got the idea to get creative with this classic breakfast by cooking the egg in sliced red bell peppers instead of bread. What a great and tasty twist (thanks, Food Mag)!

There is no real recipe, so take a look at the pics below for a visual how-to:

Artistic "before" shot - isn't it glam?


Eggs cookin' in the skillet: note sunny-side egg at the top; that's Don's. I like my yolk broken and cooked.


Finished product! The eggs were served over sliced, toasted bagels (straight from Brooklyn, thanks to our summer squatter, Clydesdale!)

1 comment: