Friday, July 16, 2010

Quake!!!

Unless you are living in another region or under a rock, you probably know that a 3.6 magnitude earthquake hit our area this morning at 5:04am. Crazy!

WaPo has an article about it and an interesting user-created Google Map where you can add a placemark if you felt the rumble.

This was my first experience with an earthquake and it turns out that I do not handle them very well.

The shudder woke me up out of a dead sleep and I must have been dreaming something scary because when I looked over at the hallway, the reddish glow of the bathroom nightlight made my brain go "FIRE!" I jumped out of bed yelling "Oh my god fire fire fire!" and running over to the stairs to investigate. Don jumped up, freaked out by my freak-out, but almost immediately realized that I had lost it and started trying to calm me down. My brain did click on after about 10 seconds but it took me quite some time to relax.

Amazingly, the cats didn't seem the least bit disturbed by the quake. I think I spooked them more with my yelling! However, they didn't hesitate to jump back into bed with me and cuddle me back to sanity.

Did you feel the quake?

No comments:

Post a Comment