Thursday, November 4, 2010

Curried Chicken Salad Sandwich


After a late day at work followed by a late evening at the gym*, I had no interest in a long, involved dinner and so I made this healthy chicken salad recipe and made a quick sandwich out of it. I was surprised with just how tasty it was!

*Yes, I started going to a gym! Aren't you proud? And now that I announced it in the blogosphere, I can't possibly ever quit lest I seem like a failure. Oy.


Curried Chicken Salad
adapted from Pinch My Salt

2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
1/3 cup diced granny smith apple
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
1/4 cup low- or nonfat plain yogurt
1/4 cup reduced fat mayo
~1 tbsp curry powder (I have hot madras)
1/2 tbsp honey
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.

Mix the dressing ingredients together (yogurt, mayo, curry powder, honey, s+p). Combine with the rest of the ingredients. Serve over lettuce, in a wrap, on a cracker, on toasted bread, or on a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment