Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ravioli with Yogurt, Mint, and Smoked Paprika Oil


This recipe caught my eye while browsing through my blogs over the summer and I couldn't resist trying it. I don't usually go for pastas with little more than a dollop of yogurt for a topping, but this stuck out as being extra unique, or perhaps it was the smoked paprika that reeled me in - I LOVE that stuff. It goes with anything, I tell ya!
Anyway, this is a great, almost-no-cook, quick weeknight dish that was perfect for summer (oops, sorry) but would also be great on these still-warmish autumn days. It's ridiculously simple to throw together.


Ravioli with Yogurt, Mint, and Smoked Paprika Oil
adapted from Serious Eats

1 lb ravioli or tortellini
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup Greek yogurt, room temperature
salt and freshly ground black pepper (as usual!)
1/3 cup mint leaves, roughly torn

Cook ravioli/tortellini to package directions.

Meanwhile, whisk together 1/4 cup of the oil, paprika, and garlic together. Mix the rest of the oil with the yogurt and season with salt and pepper.

To serve, plate the ravioli/tortellini, top with a few dollops of yogurt, a scattering of mint leaves, and a good drizzle of smoked paprika oil. Serve with extra yogurt and oil to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment