Thursday, February 25, 2010

That's One Sassy Pie


If I lived somewhere that had decent pizza, I probably wouldn't make it at home so much. Why bother when you can get awesome pizza delivered to your door? However, Maryland's pizza is pretty awful unless you get it at a fancypants restaurant that doesn't deliver.
I also wouldn't normally post about a pizza I made because they're really not anything special: shape your store-bought dough (I'm still a little too lazy for homemade dough), throw on your toppings, and toss in the oven on a pizza stone.
This pizza is an exception. Don and I both did something a little different than we normally do, and both halves came out great. Something you need to know is that because Don and I like different pizzas, we always each make our own half of the pie. Then we taunt the other half but almost always end up liking both in the end. Don likes a red sauce base, while I generally go for a fresh tomato-slice, fresh mozz style. For a list of toppings, read more!



Both sides were primed with a mix of garlic and olive oil, but that's where the similarities end.

Left half (my half, the better half, whatever you want to call it...)
goat cheese spread on the crust
tomato slices
red bell pepper, diced
cubed, cooked chicken
red pepper flakes
fresh ground pepper

After cooking but while still hot, I added some "Sassy Baby Blend" from Dole (arugula, spinach, etc.) then threw on some feta crumbles because I'm crazy like that. Then I drizzled with olive oil, added some more fresh pepper, and ate while still too hot as usual.

Right half (Don's half, also awesome half)
Classico tomato sauce spread on the crust
sauteed onion
cubed, cooked chicken and red bell pepper, sauteed in Texas Pete hot sauce
broccoli (slightly steamed beforehand)
mixture of shredded mozz and Mexican blend cheeses on top

I loved the buffalized chicken with the broccoli on Don's half, and the mixture of goat cheese and arugula was delicious on my half. I highly recommend both!

2 comments:

  1. His side looks like melted goodness and yours looks like a salad-- not that it is a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete